Branch Crawl in Newbury
Saturday 8 June 2019 12:00
This pub crawl around Newbury has been designed and trialled by branch veteran Bob Smith, and is as follows:
- Midday: Old London Apprentice, Newbury. Fuller's London Pride; Harvey's Sussex Best Bitter; Wadworth 6X; plus one national.
- 1pm: The Dolphin, Newbury. Adnams Broadside; Bath Ales Gem; plus one national.
- 2pm: Coopers Arms, Newbury. Arkell's 3B; plus one local.
- 3pm: Cow and Cask, Newbury. This pub serves three changing beers, typically: Loose Cannon Detonator; Two Cocks 1643 Puritan; XT Hop Kitty.
- 4pm: Catherine Wheel, Newbury (formerly Jack of Newbury). West Berkshire Good Old Boy; plus five changing beers, typically from: Binghams; Longdog; Wild Weather Ales.
- 5pm: King Charles Tavern, Newbury. Greene King KC Finest (Hardy & Hanson bitter, rebadged); West Berkshire Good Old Boy; plus six changing beers, national.
Bob has prepared a detailed description of each pub and instructions of how to get to each one; email Paul if you would like a copy.