Welcome to the new home of South Oxfordshire CAMRA
If you have reached us from our old site (www.soxoncamra.org.uk) then please ensure that you have updated your bookmarks to ensure that you continue to reach us here.
- Branch Pub and Brewery News (February 2019)
Saturday 16 February 2019
- Sadly Patrick and Lucy Marples will not be renewing their tenancy of the Bear at Home when it expires at the end of March. We are also aware that the pub’s ACV expires at the end of March, so it is important that it is renewed. Our chairman, David Cooper, will be contacting North Moreton Parish council to check whether the intention is to renew the ACV.
- The Kidmore End Parish Council is in the process of renewing the ACV for the Reformation.
- The Plowden Arms closed on New Year’s Day – it is uncertain why.
- The Little Angel is currently closed for refurbishment, reopening in mid-March
- Branch Pub of the Season for Winter revealed
Friday 18 January 2019
Congratulations to Raymond and Suzanne Sexton, at The Red Lion, Chalgrove who are pictured here with Branch Chairman, David Cooper presenting them with our Winter Pub of the Season award.
Calling all pub landlords and brewers in the Branch area
If you are throwing a beer-related event at your pub or brewery we would love to hear about it! Please contact us to let us know about your event and we will post it here as well as on our social media.
Pubs as ACVs
We currently have 22 pubs as Assets of Community Value (ACVs) in the branch. If you would like to find out more about protecting your local with an ACV, take a look at the help on our main website.