Welcome to the new home of South Oxfordshire CAMRA
If you have reached us from our old site (www.soxoncamra.org.uk) then please ensure that you have updated your bookmarks to ensure that you continue to reach us here.
- Branch Pub and Brewery News (February 2019)
Tuesday 26 February 2019
- Residents of Crays Pond are celebrating a notable victory in a 5½ year campaign to recover their village pub, the White Lion, following success in the High Court on Thursday 21st February 2019. The judgement is the culmination of over five years of campaigning by the Crays Pond Action Group. South Oxfordshire District Council also deserve a lot of credit for pursuing this and we are grateful for their persistence. We hope that the village will be able to buy the White Lion and turn it back into the thriving community hub it once was. To find out more, download the following news article Persistence Rewarded - White Lion, Crays Pond, written by our Branch Chairman, David Cooper, for the next issue of What's Brewing.
- Sadly Patrick and Lucy Marples will not be renewing their tenancy of the Bear at Home when it expires at the end of March. We are also aware that the pub’s ACV expires at the end of March, so it is important that it is renewed. Our chairman, David Cooper, will be contacting North Moreton Parish council to check whether the intention is to renew the ACV.
- The Kidmore End Parish Council is in the process of renewing the ACV for the Reformation.
- The Plowden Arms closed on New Year’s Day – it is uncertain why.
- The Little Angel is currently closed for refurbishment, reopening in mid-March
- Branch Social
Thursday 21 March 2019 20:30
Catherine Wheel, Goring
- Branch Meeting
Wednesday 3 April 2019 20:30
Queens Head, Crowmarsh Gifford
Calling all pub landlords and brewers in the Branch area
If you are throwing a beer-related event at your pub or brewery we would love to hear about it! Please contact us to let us know about your event and we will post it here as well as on our social media.
Pubs as ACVs
We currently have 22 pubs as Assets of Community Value (ACVs) in the branch. If you would like to find out more about protecting your local with an ACV, take a look at the help on our main website.