Branch Pub and Brewery News (February 2019)
Tuesday 26 February 2019
- Residents of Crays Pond are celebrating a notable victory in a 5½ year campaign to recover their village pub, the White Lion, following success in the High Court on Thursday 21st February 2019. The judgement is the culmination of over five years of campaigning by the Crays Pond Action Group. South Oxfordshire District Council also deserve a lot of credit for pursuing this and we are grateful for their persistence. We hope that the village will be able to buy the White Lion and turn it back into the thriving community hub it once was. To find out more, download the following news article Persistence Rewarded - White Lion, Crays Pond, written by our Branch Chairman, David Cooper, for the next issue of What's Brewing.
- Sadly Patrick and Lucy Marples will not be renewing their tenancy of the Bear at Home when it expires at the end of March. We are also aware that the pub’s ACV expires at the end of March, so it is important that it is renewed. Our chairman, David Cooper, will be contacting North Moreton Parish council to check whether the intention is to renew the ACV.
- The Kidmore End Parish Council is in the process of renewing the ACV for the Reformation.
- The Plowden Arms closed on New Year’s Day – it is uncertain why.
- The Little Angel is currently closed for refurbishment, reopening in mid-March
- Philsters Ales, Beehive Brewery has finally found a home for its new enlarged brewing kit.